Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Homeschooling!

It's finally decided that we'll be homeschooling. Couldn't make up my mind for the longest time, I liked the idea of home school but didn't know if I can do it. Then I toyed with the idea of unschooling, which I still like.  I'm also a fan of all things Waldorf but the private school here is ridiculously priced and an hour commute each way, not feasible for us.  So when a friend offered a co-op opportunity to join a home school group where we use Waldorf curriculum for almost free I was stoked!  Penni on the other hand isn't so sure, she keeps asking to go to school, poor kid. I keep telling her that we will do school at home and then every once in a while will meet with other friends that do school at home, I think she isn't quite sure what it all means since she's never been to any kind of school. Our first project is making beeswax crayons and that she is super excited about, going to try to do that tomorrow.  I've been trying to get her interested in learning some of the songs and verses but she is not too into it just yet, we'll get there. In preparation I've banned all the battery operated toys to the garage, I love the simplicity of Waldorf toys and how they encourage imaginative play. I might have to allow the obnoxious toys back in to help entertain the littler kiddos that come over for nannying though. I will try to start a routine where those toys along with some others will have to be put away when the kids leave. Also want to change our toy storage system but that might have to wait since it might turn costly. So here goes a new page in our journey, exited what it might bring!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope it is a rewarding experience for you!

    ReplyDelete