Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Some firsts and a lesson learned

We've had quite an eventful couple weeks and some things we did together were things she got to do for the first time. Like today she wouldn't go down for a nap. At all. That was a first, and hopefully won't happen again for a while. She was a tornado by bedtime just running through the house a swiping things off tables, shelves and whatever else got in her path. I ended up putting her to bed a half hour early. She got out of bed almost immediately after I left the room, but after I put her back in bed she passed out quickly. That last canine is taking it's time coming in and is sure taking us all for a ride.

Our other firsts were more fun, we went to the petstore last week so she can see some real fishes. She wasn't sure what to make of them at first but did become quite interested, and kept waving hi at them. She is so funny, she waves at everyone and everything.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Another first, she had spaghetti. I know that most kids have it at a much younger age but it for some reason never occurred to me to give her any, but this time I was craving it and she seemed to enjoy it too. I also discovered that pasta sauce will camouflage things that baby won't usually eat, resulting in baby eating these things without knowing. I only sneaked a few meatballs in this time, but next time I'm putting veggies in it!
Photobucket
and as always waving hi
Photobucket

Against my mother's approval I gave her a chocolate sandwich cookie, I don't give her sugar often or much of it, but in moderation I don't think it's horrible. Plus most of it seems to land on her face anyways. And it makes for some cute pictures.
Photobucket

We got a new stroller, thanks to my awesome family who decided to get this as my VERY early (3 months to be exact) birthday present. Our old stroller is a full size that's pretty high off the ground, this one is an umbrella stroller and Penni is able to climb in and out on her own and she loves it!
Photobucket

She decided that trying on mom's shoes is the new cool thing to do, and it's just the cutest.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Her new favorite toy is this spinning top, she has no idea how to get it going but she tries. If someone else starts it for her she just grabs it haha, she doesn't care to watch it spin she wants to do it on her own.
Photobucket
Photobucket


And a lesson I learned this past week is that you can't press the "close the garage" button from inside and attempt to run out before the door hits the ground WHILE holding a child. It just doesn't work. p.s. no children were harmed in the attempt.
And I have to share my latest favorite thing is the big band station on the radio that doesn't have commercials. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment