Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Second time around, cloth diapering addition.

I didn't cloth diaper Penni full time till about 3 months old so I was super excited to put Cora in fluff from day 1. She's now 1 year old and never been in a disposable, kind of proud of that.  Second time around was a bit easier because I knew which diapers I preferred so I didn't have to waste time and money buying stuff to experiment with. The only, very minor, issue we've had is figuring out a new washing routine. With Penni there was a top loading washer, now we have a front loader. But that worked itself out very quickly. Some of the reasons we use cloth
  -It's environmentally conscious/ responsible.
  -Saves lots and lots of money. With Penni I spent about $600 on a stash, and when she was potty learned I sold it for about $200-$250.  So overall I diapered her for 2 years for just under $400. Can't do that with disposables, never mind natural or lesser chemical loaded disposables.
  -It's cute! seriously, adorable!
  -My baby deserves to have organic bamboo or cotton on her bum haha.
  -I don't like chemicals, I realize that you can't always avoid them, but I do my best with the resources we have, and using cloth has been an obvious way to lessen chemical exposure. Here is a link explaining the chemicals used in a disposable.

Lastly to prove my point, that fluff is cute, here are some pics!

This is 1 or 2 days old, aw how I miss having a teeny baby 

A couple weeks old, so cute, so little!

Our diaper stash, well it's a little different now but quite similar.

Cora is doing her part! her shirt says "changing the world one diaper at a time"

Those are wool pants (soft, not at all scratchy) wool is naturally water repellant so it makes a nice breathable cover.

Fitted diapers are my favorites, and that particular diaper is one of my all time favorites. 


If you've considered cloth diapering but are scared or intimidated by all the information out there, then please give them a try! It's a lot more simple than it seems, I promise. 
Penni and Cora, if you girls ever read this, I hope you'll cloth diaper your kids! I'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment