Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Baby-led weaning progress

By the time Penni was 6 months old I was abusing this isle at Whole Foods on a regular basis.


I haven't bought anything for Cora, well maybe that's not entirely true, I did buy a squash that I had no interest in consuming but got it so I can bake it and feed it to Cora, or let Cora play with it. That's pretty much what she does with the food, she plays with it. Today we had baked potato for dinner and I gave her a chunk off of my potato and we joked that she preferred mashed potatoes because that's what she did to it. It's messy, very messy, but I'm resisting the urge to just put food in her mouth. I know that she is still getting all the necessary nutrition form breast milk so I'm not worried in the slightest. Every time she manages to get some food in her mouth she shivers, it's cute and funny. She does occasionally gag and then she'll push the food out with her tongue. Overall, so far so good. It's just a little weird that she is not so much into eating it, by her age Penni was shoveling food in her mouth. But we did start Penni off on purees and yes even cereal at 4 months of age. Know better do better. Here is miss Coraline making a mess.


Some foods don't make quite as much mess, she seemed to enjoy the cucumber

Wasn't as big a fan of the carrot, mostly I wanted to see if she'll use it as a chew toy. No such luck, it went on the floor rather quickly. Same story with celery.


I'm curious to see how this progresses, and when she'll start actually consuming food. This is actually fun for parents too.

No comments:

Post a Comment