Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Growing trees from scratch

Well not from stretch exactly, but rather seeds. We've been saving pretty much any fruit seeds we get, stratifying them in the fridge hoping that they will germinate. So far we have 3 apricot trees and 2 pear trees going. The 4 pear trees we just planted, waiting for them to sprout.  Having a hard time getting apple or lemon seeds to germinate though. I'm dying for some persimmon seeds but so far haven't found any. If someone happens upon persimmon seeds in their fruit I'd love to have them, please. I'll even cover the shipping.

So this last batch, I let Penni plant them. She thought it was the greatest thing ever, now I just hope they'll actually grow for her. Here are our offsprings

Penni at work, doing her magic.




These are the ones I planted about 6-8 weeks ago, I hope they don't die from the cold that's moving in.


My 4 year old can plant trees! Parenting win.
P.S. Cora slept on my chest the entire time I was working on this post. Double win.

1 comment: