Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sick babies are so sad


Week 4 of sick baby, can't wait for her to be all better. It's been 2 different bugs and this second one is definitely worse than the first.  But I think she is on the mend, she's been in good spirits the last few days. I don't want to jinx anything but she slept better the last 2 nights too. I'm one tired mama. She has slept horribly these last few weeks, Penni was sick for a while as well and waking up. I'm ready to sleep again, I think this cold may have cured my insomnia. What are we doing to help baby get better? Lots of nursing, lots and lots of boobie time. The kid pretty much never turns it down either, but I knew she ate too much if she pukes after haha. She never seems bothered though.  The Nosefrida has been put to work as well, although it makes her really mad when  I do that to her, so I don't' do it often. When she was very congested and coughing I diluted some Eucalyptus essential oil in coconut oil and rubbed it on her feet and covered them with sucks, and also rubbed some into her chest. She's also been sleeping on my pillow. Yes, I know you are not suppose to allow babies on pillows, but the kid can't breath when she is laying flat. She sleeps right next to me so I feel safe with her being on the pillow with me. It's just not very comfy for me because she rolls into me and I have zero personal space in bed. But I'll deal, just need her better.
P.S. she is 7 months tomorrow, where has the time gone!?

1 comment:

  1. Aw. Poor baby and mommy. I do kind of love the extra cuddling that comes with it though.

    ReplyDelete